Happy 2017 everybody,
In our previous post we discussed “hygge” Which is basically a Danish word for embracing winter, be it inside with fire, food and friends or outside not letting Winter get you down.
This post is to announce our 1st Annual “Hygge Hero” contest. What we want is pictures and descriptions of what you or someone else is doing to embrace winter outdoors (has to be outdoors). This could include:
- a snow fort, snow lounge, snow dining room (you get the idea)
- an awesome toboggan run
- a hot tub hideaway
- a snow carving (please keep it PG)
- a quinzhee, igloo etc.
- anything else that shows you’re enjoying Winter, making the most of the snow we’ve received and overall just being a great Manitoban 🙂
Once we get some pictures and a description we’ll post them on our website and have a vote. The most votes will win:
- a cord of cut, split and seasoned firewood
- a weekend rental of one of our 42″ diameter FireBowls
- a weekend rental of one of our top secret firewood fired hot tubs (seats 6 comfortably)
All together that’s a $600 value.
Contest starts today (January 8th, 2017) and ends February 10th, 2017. That way you can get your prize just in time for Valentine’s Day…if you like.
Entries, questions or anything else can be sent to clint@firewoodmanitoba.
Good luck, stay warm and happy hygging!